Storage Tank Inspection
Advancing Storage Tank Inspections and Calibrations with Laser Scanning: Meeting API 653 Standards for Verticality, Roundness, Flatness, and Subsidence Measurements. Our Comprehensive Solutions Deliver Cost Savings, Enhanced Safety, and Superior Results Over Conventional Approaches.
Empowering Efficiency: Our Software Boasts Highly Automated Workflows for In-Depth Analysis of Complex Datasets, Drastically Reducing Report Creation Time and Volume Filling Table Generation from 3D Laser Scan Data. Users Can Seamlessly:
- Generate High-Density 3D Digital Models of Storage Tanks
- Analyze Data in Accordance with API 653 Standard Guidelines
- Automatically Identify Out-of-Tolerance Areas for Swift Action
API 653 Compliant Reports: Our Customers Receive Thoroughly Detailed Reports Aligned with API 653 Standards. These Reports Provide Measured Data Pertaining to Tank Shell Verticality, Roundness, Tank Bottom Flatness, and Subsidence.
Empowering Comprehensive Maintenance Insights: Once imported and processed, our software facilitates a comprehensive examination of the entire tank. This analysis yields recommendations and strategies for necessary maintenance and repairs. In cases of out-of-service tanks, where the interior is scanned, inspectors are presented with intricate tank bottom maps, color-coded to reveal bends or depressions. Similarly, the software compares the tank shell to a true vertical reference, automatically detecting bulges or deformations that surpass predetermined thresholds. This underscores the true value of laser scanning, as the data encompasses the entirety of tank surfaces, as opposed to the selective sampling typical of traditional methods.
Storage tank inspection services are crucial for maintaining safety, compliance, and efficiency in various industries. The following groups particularly benefit from our storage tank inspection expertise:
- Oil and Gas Industry: Ensuring the integrity of storage tanks to prevent leaks, spills, and environmental hazards.
- Chemical Plants: Monitoring tank conditions to prevent chemical leaks and potential disasters.
- Logistics and Transportation: Ensuring safe storage of fuels and liquids used in transportation.
- Industrial Facilities: Regular inspections help prevent equipment failures and production disruptions.
- Environmental Agencies: Monitoring tank conditions to minimize the risk of pollution incidents.
- Regulatory Authorities: Verifying compliance with safety standards and regulations.
What’s the Challenge?
Despite the importance of storage tank inspection, challenges exist due to outdated methods and insufficient awareness of the potential benefits. Key challenges include:
- Neglected Maintenance: Lack of regular inspections can lead to hidden defects and potential hazards.
- Limited Awareness: Some industries may not fully grasp the significance of regular tank inspections.
- Complexity: Tanks often have intricate structures and hard-to-reach areas that require specialized inspection techniques.
What Sets Us Apart?
SCANENG’s storage tank inspection services stand out due to our commitment to precision, expertise, and comprehensive solutions:
- Cutting-Edge Technology: We employ advanced inspection technologies such as laser scanning and photogrammetry for accurate and detailed results.
- Engineering Expertise: As an engineering-oriented company, we understand the technical aspects of storage tanks and their significance in various industries.
- Customized Solutions: Our inspectors tailor solutions to address specific tank types and industry needs.
- Safety Emphasis: Safety is paramount; our procedures prioritize the safety of both personnel and the environment.
- Regulatory Compliance: We ensure that tank inspections align with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Efficient Processes: Our streamlined processes, experienced inspectors, and advanced equipment result in timely and reliable outcomes.
- Transparent Pricing: Clear pricing structures help our clients understand the value they receive from our services.
- Prompt Responses: Our efficient communication ensures prompt pre-offers with terms and conditions provided on the same day of inquiry.
These are the benefits, challenges, and differentiators that highlight SCANENG’s expertise in the domain of storage tank inspection.
API 653 is a widely recognized standard in the oil and gas industry that provides guidelines for the inspection, repair, alteration, and reconstruction of aboveground storage tanks (ASTs). The American Petroleum Institute (API) developed this standard to ensure the integrity and safety of storage tanks used to store liquids such as petroleum, chemicals, and other products.
API 653 specifically focuses on tanks that have been in service and are subject to deterioration over time. The standard outlines requirements for conducting regular inspections, assessing the condition of tanks, and determining the necessary actions to maintain or restore their structural and operational integrity. It covers various aspects, including corrosion assessment, welding and repair procedures, and the use of non-destructive testing techniques.
In essence, API 653 provides guidelines to ensure that aboveground storage tanks remain in safe operating condition throughout their service life, helping to prevent leaks, spills, and other potential hazards. It emphasizes the importance of maintaining storage tanks to prevent environmental contamination and ensure the safety of workers and surrounding communities.